Thank you for coming to our site and investing your time with us. Recently I was preparing for a meeting with our governor on mental health. The results of that meeting will be part of a future blog. Anyway, in preparation for that meetings I was researching a variety of slogans that have been used by different groups to make their point about Mental Illness. Some of them are very empowering, so I thought I would share them with you. I would appreciate any feed back on your favorite one.
1) “It is a disorder not a decision.” Some people think behavior caused by mental illness is a choice.
2) Those of us who have been broken are the experts at mending.
3) You can do anything, but not everything.
4) We are all just walking each other home.
5) The simple act of caring is heroic.
6) One person caring about another represents life’s greatest value.
These are all public domain slogans. More can be found by typing in Mental Health Slogans or Caregiver Slogans. Have fun doing your own research. I would love to hear what you discovered.